Join the Team
WHO ARE WE // Twende solar
Twende Solar (Twende) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to empowering underserved populations by integrating renewable energy systems on schools, medical clinics and community centers throughout developing countries.
problem // global
Worldwide, 1.3 billion people are without access to electricity. Energy poverty plagues vulnerable communities, leaving them in darkness with poor health conditions and minimal economic mobility. Integrating solar PV systems can improve quality of life while providing increased opportunities for learning, technological innovations, quality healthcare and economic stimulation.
- Maya Jaguar Middle School, Guatemala - August 2016
- Stephan Maljuzian Middle School, Slem Reap, Cambodia - November 2016
- Woman's Shelter, Portland, OR - April 2018
- Village Community, Peru - May 2018
- Ensure ongoing project and program excellence.
- Actively engage and energize non-profit volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national rollout.
- Manage existing pipeline of projects around the globe and seek future opportunities.
Fundraising and Communications
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and international expansion.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Planning and New Business
- Continue to define and refine Twende’s project criteria.
- Form relationships and seek partnerships for projects all over the world.
- Recruit volunteers to assist with projects.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Twende Solar’s mission. All candidates should have a passion for the work of our mission, and the proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience to effectively develop and grow the organization’s capabilities.
- Associate's degree or Vocational degree required, Bachelors and Masters preferred, in fields relating to business, non-profit, environmental or engineering
- 3 years of business work experience, non-profit or solar industry preferred
- A strong understanding of of 501(c) structure and processes
- A high proficiency and working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Extreme proficiency in Google Docs
- Social media experience
- Web/graphic design - Squarespace/Illustrator, etc.
- Grant writing experience
- Strong & confident interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
this position includes:
Working with a passionate team with strong solar experience and appetite to share that passion with those under-privileged entities that can be impacted by this renewable source. Your salary will be self-generated by the great work you do in soliciting funds. While the vision of the Board
is that this position will be fully funded with benefits, we are not quite there yet. Though preference is given to candidates in our spectacular home of Portland, OR, candidates who can prove to be effective working remote and leveraging virtual technologies will be considered.
Apply with your resume and thoughtful cover letter explaining why you are the right fit for the role and organization. Please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twende Solar is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected class. This position is subject to a 90 day probationary period.